Tuesday, January 1, 2013

And So It Begins...

I know that there are many great food blogs out there, and there are many great cooks. At this day and age, it's difficult to differentiate oneself from others. However, I am not trying to make myself "better" than others, different from others, or do things that haven't been done before. The main purpose of this blog is more less a documenting tool of my "fooding" adventure.

This project begun when Steph, over at Munch I Munch, and I were lamenting over how it's hard to get good Chinese food. In theory, she would have a much harder time than I do, considering the fact that she lives in Utah. I, on the other hand, am on the East Coast, and residing in the Great State of New Jersey. Despite having a number of Chinese restaurants in the area, and NYC being a train ride away, most of the time, I can't find Chinese food I like. People often time tell me, "Go to Flushing for great Taiwanese food", or "Go to the Manhattan Chinatown, they have great Chinese food!" Granted, I haven't been to every Chinese restaurant in Chinatown, the ones I've been to, don't always hit the spot. There are just way too many types of Chinese food. China is a very large country after all, every region is different, and every province within every region is different. And Chinatown is like that -- it has a little bit of every different type of Chinese food, but it doesn't always have the flavours I am craving for.

With that being said, that's why Steph and I challenged each other, if you can't find what you want, make it yourself. We're going to start making 1 Chinese dish (mostly Cantonese style) every other week, in additions to the challenges and goals we've set up for ourselves. And I'll be using this blog to document my progress and the dishes I'll be making. This is actually part of my 2013 New Year's resolution. Cook more. Eat and be merry. Other resolutions include "doing more" and "making more" -- just to test out what I am capable of creating with my own two hands.

Thanks for dropping by and please let me know if you have any comments!

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! I'm so excited for our Cooking Challenges together! ^_^

    ReplyDelete